Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. Earns Second API Distinguished Award For Safety and Environmental Performance
April 19, 2012
Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. has received the API Distinguished Award for Outstanding Safety and Environmental Performance in the large pipeline operator category for the second consecutive year.
"Koch Pipeline is honored to have earned this recognition of our hard work and dedication to safety and the environment," said Kim Penner, president of Koch Pipeline. “2011 was a big year for our company. We executed construction plans safely, hired many new team members, and continued to strive to improve our overall performance. This award fully illustrates the commitment our team has for operating safely and responsibly.”
Bob O‘Hair, executive vice president of operations and compliance excellence for Koch Pipeline, represented the company at API’s 63rd annual Pipeline Conference in Phoenix, Ariz., on April 18. Koch Pipeline also earned API’s Environmental Performance Award for large operators.
Koch Pipeline’s safety and environmental accomplishments include these:
- Employees have worked 7,408,689 hours since the last lost-time incident (days away from work and restricted work injuries).
- No employees lost a day of work due to injury or restricted work cases.
- Koch Pipeline is the only pipeline company in the nation with an entire pipeline system qualified as a VPP Star work site.
- The company designed and built a pipeline station in Texas with a closed-vent storage tank system and flare device to minimize volatile organic compounds emissions.
- Koch Pipeline communicates pipeline safety to landowners and neighbors who live near a pipeline, when pipeline activities are within public view, and when specialized projects occur on the right of way.
“I am very proud of our employees,” said O’Hair. “This achievement is a testament to their commitment to our goal of compliance excellence and continuous improvement.”
Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Pipeline operates about 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined petroleum products, chemicals, ethanol, and natural gas liquids pipelines in Texas, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
About Koch Pipeline Company, LP
Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. has earned numerous local, state and national level safety awards. Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. Learn more at www.kochpipeline.com, www.facebook.com/kochpipeline, www.twitter.com/kochpipeline.